Troubleshooting Your AC Unit Before Replacement
If you have a broken AC unit over 10 years old, there’s a good chance it’s due for an AC replacement.
There are, however, some quick and easy solutions you can try on your own. Below is a list of common issues, causes and remedies for HVAC systems.
- You may have a tripped circuit breaker in your home
- Your thermostat may be off or set incorrectly
- Your indoor unit is running, but the outdoor unit is not
First course of action
- Check your home circuit breaker box
- Check to make sure your thermostat is on and set to cool
- Air coming through your vent will be warm. Check temperature setting
- Reset circuit breaker
- Reset thermostat to your desired temperature
- Contact Smith and Willis. In the meantime, try turning off your thermostat for 1–3 hours to see if it will reset
Download our Troubleshooting Guide.
If you are unable to find a solution and you’re ready to install a new system in your home, the experts at Smith & Willis are just a phone call away. We offer the most professional AC installation service in Commerce City and the greater Denver area. Our NATE Certified technicians can help you find an energy-efficient and reliable system and install it in your home with the finest craftsmanship around. Don’t hesitate to call us for your next AC installation project!