Any home that uses an air conditioning unit should schedule regular air conditioner check ups. When a professional performs a check up on an air conditioner it increases the efficiency of the unit. An air conditioner check up can increase the efficiency of an air conditioner by up to 40 percent. Not only does an air conditioner check up make sure that the air conditioner isn’t working harder than it has to, but it also reduces energy costs in the home. The savings could be significant considering that heating and cooling account for nearly 50 percent of household costs. As well, scheduling regular air conditioner check ups can help prevent serious damage that would result in air conditioning repair. That being said, it is important to know what an air conditioner check up entails.
An Air Conditioner Check Up Should Include…
- evaluation of refrigerant levels
- inspection of electrical components and controls
- lubrication of moving parts
- calibration of thermostat
- cleaning evaporator, condenser coils, and filters.
Evaluation of Refrigerant Levels
An HVAC professional will assess levels of refrigerant and accommodate according to needs. An air conditioner functions best when optimal levels of refrigerant are available. Should the refrigerant run low or a leak occur, the well being of the air conditioner is threatened.
Inspection of Electrical Components and Controls
Lubrication of moving parts
An HVAC professional will lubricate all moving parts of the air conditioner. This prevents wear and tear and increases the longevity of the air conditioner.
Calibration of Thermostat
An HVAC professional will check that the thermostat is calibrated accurately. This will ensure that the home is being heated and cooled properly while also ensuring the efficiency of the air conditioner.
Cleaning of evaporator, condenser coils, and filters
Ensuring that these important components of the air conditioner are clean is necessary for a great performance. In order to increase the efficiency of the air conditioning unit and avoid costly air conditioning repair, a simple cleanse is performed.
Why Perform An Air Conditioner Check Up…
- Increase efficiency of air conditioning unit – An air conditioner check up can increase the efficiency of an air conditioner by up to 40 percent.
- Prevent costly air conditioning repair – The average cost of an air conditioner check up is between $70-$100, this pales in comparison to the $300-$500’s on average that a homeowner will spend on the cost of air conditioning repair.
- Reduce energy costs- Heating and cooling account of nearly 50 percent of household costs on average. Increasing the efficiency of an air conditioner is an energy saving way to lower monthly bills.
Call Smith & Willis HVAC today to schedule your AC maintenance to start saving you money!!